yrus; color:000000; font-size:15px;}.blacktext10 {font-family:P

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, February 12, 2010

ICD!

After Lindsey had her episode last week. We have set an apt for consult with the surgeon on monday and surgery to place ICD on March 5th...sigh....   This is a very big decision! Our Poohcat Lindsey has stated numerous times, "what is there to discuss?"   I want her to be aware of ALL the bad and good of having an ICD placed. She feels like it will protect her and give her some sort of life in the future.  Apparently she does not like her new "HOVERING" mother! ;-)    I can't blame her a bit.   ICD's in kids are unpredictable and they can have numerous complications. Leads can become fractured and cause shocks that she might not need! Infection is a big risk... My stomach is in knots. I have to be sure this is the right thing to do for MY LINDSEY.  I can not imagine life with out her and her vibrant smile and even the way she rolls her eyes.   I wish I could wave a magic wand to assure her nothing will go wrong. She is a very smart girl and I feel she needs to be involved in this decision.  Please pray that EVERYTHING goes well.  We need prayers for peace and understanding!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey this is emily from the dentist office..lol u gave me this blog website. she sounds like a amazing person. and whoever knows he much be very lucky:) i wish ya'll the best and i hope it all goes better than expected! besf of luck,

emily